• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Swiss made Hamilton Question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Pictured is a ladies Hamilton, swiss made, that I have had since the late 60s / early 70s. Are these being collected? Do they have any value?
Thanks for looking.

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
posted
Joe,
sorry, but I doubt if these are very collectible at this time.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Thanks for the reply Dave. I suspected as much. Does the same apply to a mans, black face 17j, Benrus of the same period?

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
There are Hamilton and Benrus collectors. Even of these so-called "low end" watches. Hey, anything is collectible. I know several ppl who collect the Benrus "Whale King" series of watches. Also a few who will collect anything they can put on their wrist that says "Hamilton". Maybe you could get $40 for the Hammy, maybe the same for the Bulova if it looks good. Just depends on who you find. Smile

Here's a Hamilton that's not so "collectible" that I just love.

Frank "407" Kusumoto

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Frank,
I would like to know more about your watch. I think it is really cool.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Scott,

The Hamilton is a Unitas 6497 movement. Hamilton used some swiss movements and reworked them a bit to make them look better. I found this one and replaced the crown and ratchet wheels with my own rose-engine turned wheels, and replaced the screws with blued screws. Hope that explains it all, feel free to ask
any other questions! Big Grin

Best regards,

Frank "407" Kusumoto

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004