Tools
Reply to Post

RENE RONDEAU'S HAMILTON ELECTRIC BOOK "Click" to Login or Register 
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
This is REALLY big news.

On January 3, 1957, the Hamilton Watch Company of Lancaster Pennsylvania released the world's first Electric Watch.

Next January 3rd, it this achievement will hit the half-century mark.

Even sooner, hopefully in late September or October, our own Rene Rondeau, the "Dean of the Hamilton Electric Watch", and the leading authority on the Hamilton Electric will publish his monumental 4th edition to his book, "The Watch of the Future, The Story of the Hamilton Electric Watch. This is Big, BIG news.

Full Color. 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches, with 256 pages printed on high quality art paper. No longer just the black and white catalog drawings of the previous editions, this one will have high resolution COLOR photographs. 300 color photo's!!!! This book will have not one or two, but 17 different Pictures of the Hamilton Pacer alone! All in full Color!!!!. Can you imagine?

Thank goodness (Or, Thank Rene) this book will also discuss my favorite Hamiltons, those asymmetric mechanicals that look electric, but aren't.

Here is the best part: It will only be $36.95 when released.

Brace yourself: The pre-publication price is only $27.50. (plus shipping)

$27.50 !!!

To see a sample chapter, visit www.rondeau.net and follow the links.

I suspect that Hamilton (AKA Swatch Group) will be doing a special edition for this special year. I believe that there will be some grand media events surrounding this historic event. I'm convinced this book will be amazing,and will sell out.....Quickly.

The big question that remains is the following: Will College age Christie (Rene's Daughter) grace author biography page?

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
posted
This is a no brainer. I will buy one instantly as soon as I know where to.

Nice anniversary and nice work Rene. Congratulations!
-Cort
<(';')>

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
Easy: www.rondeau.net

This will be great!

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I agree a no brainer i also will buy one..
Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
The book looks quite good. FYI, if you follow the link to preview a sample chapter, you will see a great photo of Rod Serling (of Twilight Zone fame) wearing his Hamilton. On his right wrist is a bracelet bearing U.S. military jump wings; Serling was a combat veteran of World War II, in the paratroops.
Pete Belmonte

Posts: 156 | Location: O'Fallon, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: September 03, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
I remember getting the first edition of this book quite a lot of years back - and this thin softback book was even then a valuable souce of info. on Electrics. The book inspired me to take my collecting seriously, and I subsequently got into servicing and restoration of wristwatches.

What I'd like to see now is the same style and quality of book on Hamilton's mechanical watches.

dan.

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005