Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Tissot USA Signal Corps "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
All,

Here are some pics of a recent eBay find, just back from an overhaul. I do believe this one to be all original, and in pretty nice shape. My watchmaker tells me that there was once a dust ring around the movement, now missing (anyone have one?). Otherwise, it runs very nicely, has a well detailed original dial (untouched by me), and the nickel (I think, it's unmarked) case is sound, apart from the wire lugs having been snipped at some point. They're stout enough to hold fine as is, so I don't think I'm going to do anything about them.

I had been looking for one of these for a long time, and was fortunate to find this one with lousy pictures and a poor description. I took a chance and this time it paid off.

Regards,

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
Nice watch, what a dial!

Congratulations on finding a very interesting watch.

Just how rare is something like that?

Donny

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
posted
Donny,

All of the Signal Corps marked watches are rare...just how rare I don't know. This is the first one I've had a chance at in ten years of looking.

The Tissot or Zenith are probably the most common, several other makers made these, all similar, so apparently produced to one contract specification.

They've been discussed on the site at least a couple of times before, including...here
and again here.

I just wanted to show off my find.

Thanks and regards,

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005