Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

18 Size 23 Jewel Bunn Special "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1614
posted
I just bought this Bunn Special to restore off of Ebay. I have no books on Illinois and was wondering if the experts could tell some more about it. Serial # is 2556279. Is the dial aftermarket or Illinois? Are hands correct? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Bill

IHC Member 1614
posted

Bill

IHC Member 1614
posted

Bill

IHC Member 1338
posted
Bill;

I saw that on there too, but the dial stopped me.
That is a very rare dial, and it is correct, the chip at 7 doesn;t look that bad, the 23J are actually scarcer than the 24J

Throw a nice period case case on it and it'll look nice!

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

IHC Member 1614
posted
Thanks Tom, was it the chip that stopped you? Also what kind of case would you recommend? I would prefer something Silverode if that would be correct

Bill

posted
Bill-

I would suggest a nice GF case, silverode or silver case would work for it. I have a couple 18s bunns in GF cases with elk on the case, they are just spectacular. It may take a while to find the right one though. I waited about a year for the cases I got to come up.

Thanks,

Jared

IHC Member 1614
posted
Thanks Jared, I think you are right a movement such as this deserves a quality gold filled case. The hunt begins... Also can anybody give me some info on the movement please? numbers made, series, damaskeening pattern number ect... Thanks

Bill

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
William,

Your watch came out of a run of 200 produced in 1913. There were a total of 1200 produced in 5 runs with the Bright Spotted (fourth) pattern demaskeened nickel with gold (or red) filled engraving. the dial is correct as well as the hour and minute hands. Not positive about the second hand though.

It's adjusted for temperature, 6 positions, and isochronism. It also has an internally jeweled barrel.

Beatiful lookin watch I might add.....

Steve

IHC Member 1614
posted
Thanks for the info Steve. It's my first 23 Jewel watch and my first Illinois.

Bill

IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Great Watch and Dial even with the chip. I Love it. Big Grin