Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Unusual Abe Lincoln "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Here is one I bought off of ebay awhile back and was debating whether or not to get the dial redone. It had the original radium numbered dial on it which had lost it's glow in the dark capabilites but other than that was not in bad condition. I opted to get it redone because I don't like taking the chance of exposure to dust coming off the radiaum and I wanted to see it glow again.

So I am wondering, would this have been something created for military purposes or just some sort of statement with the black dial?

Steve

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
Gold filled case is in very nice conditon. It has a snap on front bezel and hindged back and shows very little wear.

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
The movement is a 12 size 21 jewel Abe Lincoln, adjusted 5 positions. It runs great and appears to be quite clean.

Steve

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Steve

Is it a 16 or a 12?

Tom

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
I fixed it Tom, thanks for pointing that out.

Steve

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Thanks Steve.

I don't believe the Military used size 12, I think it is a dress watch, I like that black dial.

Tom

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Steve, that is one 'kool' looking watch.... Big Grin I too, like the dial....
I think it is probably a dress watch also....

Regards,
Jerry