Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois 24 hour Dials "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
John-

I just checked it versus my model #9/10 sangamo special and it hangs off on it. It is also not as big as an 18 size, so I'm going to go back to saying it is for a model 13 17s. Anybody know when the first model 13s were made?

Jared

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Jared,
My Illinois book by Meggers and Ehrhardt is showing the 17s model 13 arriving around 1925. The model 10 was made in both 16s and 17s. The model 10 17s being introduced in 1920.
RR

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
John,
A variant similar to the one Steve posted can be found here.
ANTIQUE ILLINOIS 24H DIAL 15J 10k GOLD FILLED OPEN FACE POCKET WATCH YEAR 1911
It looks the same except the inner hours are in red.
RR

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Richard,

I bid on that one, but didn't go high enough due to the several hairlines.

Here is a pic:

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Here is a really nice single sunk 24 hour Montgomery dial that I came across on ebay. Unfortunately, I can't bid on it since I live in Canada.

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
John, that is a beautiful dial. Anytime that you need a U.S. bidder, it would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible.

posted
John-

I agree with Phil. If you need someone to bid, just let me know and glad to help out.

On a side note, there is a 23j sangmao special with a sangamo 24 hour SS dial on. While not in perfect condition, it is a harder one to find. I'll try to find it back amd post a picture and link.

Jared

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
My latest, 16 size, Burlington dial.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
I have to shorten the second hand, I had this dial for a couple of years now, and found the movement that I needed for it asking members which grade of Burlington watch it would fit on, Tom Brown had one, with a 21 jewel movement up for auction with a metal dial that I just received and I upgraded it, very pleased with the results.

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I do not believe I have ever seen a Burlington/Canadian dial before!

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Larry

Glad that worked out for you, it looks a lot better with your dial on it.

Tom