Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois-Burlington Watch Co. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
What's cool is my 12s Burlington, circa 1922, is a dead ringer for the watch photo on the front of that catalog! The ONLY difference is mine has pierced diamond tips on the hands rather than the full moon depicted in the photo.
Eek

Steve, is there anything in the catalog regarding the ability of having your signature enameled on the back of the watch?

Regard! Mark

posted
I hate to admit this, but I have the worst filing system imaginable (It would give my wife a lot pf pleasure to hear me say that, but we'll just keep that between ourselves for now). I don't know where I put the catalog. I knnow it will turn up sooner or later. I don't think is stated specifically anything about engraving, but it did illustrate a number of enamel filled and initialled cases.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
LOL! Steve, we must have taken the same 'filing' course when at school. Mine is about the same.

Well, should you run across it in the near future, take a gander, would you? We've heard of newspaper ads that listed the availabilty of the signature on case, but I would LOVE to see if it was actually put in the catalog.

My 12s 21j Burlington cased Burlington has an enameled signature on the back, and another member posted a photo of his a while back, so we know they're out there, and it was available through Burlington.

Thanks!

Regards! Mark

posted
The Burlington company was interesting, don't you think? What they saved in labor for having fewer adjustments, they spent in materials and finishing. They just had a different emphasis.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Thing was, they also had a pretty decent railroad grade watch, so they dabbled in adjustment as well.

Regards! Mark

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Here are two photo's of the above Burlington Special after re-blued hands compliments of Marty Bell, and a new beautiful crystal made by William White.
It still needs a good COA though.

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Another view.

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
You just have to love those Burlington Monty dials. Nice job on the hands Marty.

Steve

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hey Ed, that is a beauty and I agree with Steve about the Burlington Monty Dial....simply beautiful.... Big Grin

With the new crystal, I recently received mine from William also, and a COA by Chris, "The Master", this thing will be good for the next 100 years or so.... Big Grin

BTW, that is a great Bluing Job on the hands....way to go Marty....is this the GREATEST club or what.... Eek

This has been a great string started by Roger....keep it up.... Wink

Regards,
Jerry

Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
I'll add a recent acq., Ed. This is a triple-signed Special - hunter case. I feel fortunate to have gotten it w/o great cost because it is nice to look at and runs very well.

kh

Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
movement

Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
and case.