WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Unusual Sangamo Special Rigid Bow Case, Model 193 Bezel? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a Sangamo Special 23jewels serial number 4,628,078 and case number 7,986,131. The case looks like a model 193 but with a rigid bow screw back and bezel yellow gold filled. This combination is not shown in any Illinois Catalog or advertisement, but i have found the same case in 14k Solid Gold. I would like to know if this case was the first one of this kind and in case how many have been produced. I have the watch for sale on Ebay and i may end the listing earlier if this case is really rare and uncommon, Thank you Smile

posted
front

posted
back

posted
movement and insided the back of the case

posted
Picture of same case but 14ksolid gold

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Andrea,

As I explained to you in our earlier eMail exchange your case is unusual, that particular combination of frame and bezel is not shown in any Illinois Catalog or Advertisement that we are presently aware of, for that reason we do not know the exact model number or designation to use in describing it. Simply stated, what your case amounts to is a Rigid-Bow Model Case Frame design with the Screw-Back and Bezel we normally associate with a Model 193 Sangamo Special Case. The number on your case 7986131 is in harmony with 1929 production. The others that have surfaced and we are aware of are listed below in an excerpt from the IHC185™ Sangamo Specials, Marked Factory Wadsworth Cases Database where we list known examples.

You will see in the excerpt below, there are four others in addition to yours recorded as Gold-Filled and two Solid-Gold examples. Your case number 7986131* is the lowest number of the five Gold-Filled examples we have at this time. One of the Solid-Gold examples of this case number 1240681*** belongs to IHC185™ Member Mike Valek and perhaps Mike will share images of his case later in this topic.

_______4628078________7986131*_____Rigid Bow Screw B&B YGF____

_______4758392________8509260______Rigid Bow / Screw Back & Bezel

_______4758553________8508779______Rigid Bow / Screw Back & Bezel

_______4758799________8179860______Rigid Bow / S B & B WGF_____

_______4760113________1240704**____Rigid Bow / S B & B 14K Green •

_______4760324________8509258______Rigid Bow / S B & B WGF_____

_______4760528________1240681***___Rigid Bow / S B & B 14K Green •

Your case is unusual and represents an interesting addition to any Sangamo Special collection.

Thanks for sharing it with all of us,

Lindell

Wink

posted
Thanks Lindell,It is always a pleasure to have your comments and always prompt reply. Smile

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
Hi Andrea,

I spoke with Lin last evening, I will post a few pictures of my S.S. later today.

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
Andrea,

Here they are.....

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
With the Bezel installed....

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
A close up of the Bow, this case shows little wear.

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
And of course the fantastic Sangamo Special model 13 movement, marked "sixty hour".

posted
Michael,thank you very much for sharing your beautifull watch!!It is really a museum piece! Smile

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
Inside of back cover....

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
Thank you Andrea, you have some very nice pieces also. If you notice,my avatar happens to be this watch.