Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

"Bunn Special Dials" "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Below are 4 dials used on Bunn Special's after the Hamilton take over (arrows-out). The "Flying J" was also offered, were there others?

This topic is not limited to the post-Illinois era dials, but "Bunn Specials" in general.

Robert

posted
Hi Robert,
Thanks for the genuine Illinios dial list.
I have a genuine Illinios dail:
Double sunk 16 size with word Illinios
in box car style lettering, arrows turned
in and regular non box car numerials.
I guess this is just an anomaly?

posted
bernie....
wanna bring it over the river for a look-see?

posted
Would the monty dial above be correct for a 19j 60h bunn serial # 4838427 ? My guess is this dial is later than the movement.

Charlie

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Charlie,

For your 1926 movement you might want a bit earlier design which would also include the inward pointing arrows. And the good news is there are those of us who are willing to exchange dials. Big Grin

Lindell

Wink

posted
Yeah, fortunately (for me Smile ) I have a couple arrows-in dials. Thought the monty dial would dress it up a bit, but if the years are wrong, I'd rather be right than pretty. Well ... that's what I tell the wife.

Picture of Jim Carroll
posted
This image is from 1927.

posted
Jim,
Thanks you very much for sharing the nice dial chart.

Robert

Picture of Jessica Lane
posted
Does anyone know the numbers of these, and other more, or less, valuable dials that were made?

What decision-making process did Illinois use for selecting dials to be made?

Jessica

posted
The dials listed as "Group A" 8177 SS enamel, and 8220 Silver Finish also comes in double sunk enamel. I have one and have never seen another....Robert

posted
Robert,
Thanks for the additional information.

Jessica,
I have never seen any production numbers in print of the various Bunn Special dials, only estimates by our Bunn Special experts who have handled many over the years.

Hopefully someone will list the various Bunn Special dials and the order of their rarity!

Robert