WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Open to the World RESEARCH FORUMS  Hop To Forums  Illinois Watch Company Research Forum    Where are the 3 types of 21J 60 hr Bunn specials? Might be good...
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Where are the 3 types of 21J 60 hr Bunn specials? Might be good... "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1338
posted
Where are the 3 types of 21J 60 hr Bunn specials? Might be good...

to see the list up front here, since a few are now starting to be listed For Sale here. I found the 23J, but not the 21 models.

Also, and Steve probably knows this, they made some 21J Models marked "Illinois Watch" only as well, prior to the 161 series.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Yes Tom, the pre 161/163-era 60-hour Bunn Specials have all the same movement marking Types [I, II, IIIA (Illinois Watch Co.) & IIIB (Illinois Watch)] on 21 and 23-jewel Model 14's. For more info, see the Meggers & Ehrhardt Illinois Encyclopedia pages 111 and 115. Of course the Type IIIA/B distinction was unheard of in 1985, so you won't find that in the book.

Just about everything you could ever want to know about all these watches is either in Meggers & Ehrhardt or has already been posted at one time or another at various places on this site, but it's very fragmentary & scattered around, so finding things can be a challenge at times.

Pulling together the key collector info for 16-size Bunn Specials into an easy to use centralized online archive, similar to what I did for the 18-size Bunn Specials is a long-term project of mine, still a work in progress.

Best Regards,

Ed