Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

illinois capitol "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of James H. Miller
posted
hi maybe one of you pro's can help me with this one.i just got in the mail a illinois 21 jewels capitol s.n. 4009237. this watch is not in the price guide.it is a nice watch with gold jewel settings,gold wheels all of them and gold screws.in the book it has the 17 jewels and the 19 jewels but not the 21 jewels.the 19 jewels one has one star in the book so i wounder if the 21 jewels one is a one star?it also has the plum colored hands i wounder if they are the ones it came with? you folks are the best im sure someone will know.
thanks james

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
James, This is a grade 706 and the reason the price guide did not list it is probably because no-one (incl) Ehrhardt-Meggers ever saw one. Only 1340 were listed as made! If all the numbers check and the movement is marked Capitol", you have a rare watch indeed.

posted
thanks David as always.i take it it will be hard to tell what dial our hands are oem for it.it looks to be the case it came in.i will try to get some photos tomorrow to put on our site.
thanks again james

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
James, since there is no record of one before this how can we say WHAT is "OEM"? Big Grin

posted
Dave,do you know if illinois used the plum colored hands on any watch in 1923?