• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Info Needed "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have inherited an Illinois Pocket Watch. I have not be able to find any information on this particular watch and wondered if you all could help me. I think it was made in 1927 based on the serial number. Was wondering more info and value of this watch. Thank you in advance.

posted
Image 2

posted
Image 3

posted
Image 4

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Hi Todd

Welcome to the club! If possible can you post the serial number to the movement, we can tell you a little more with that. I wasn't able to make it in your photo.

Tom

posted
I should have posted that sorry.

Serial # - 4913118

17 Jewels

Purchased at Herkner's Jewelry in Grand Rapids Mi by my great grandmother.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
No problem Todd.

I show that should be a size 12 17 jewel model 3 pendent set open face grade 405 made in 1927. That model & grade was made from 1911 to 1929 & approximately 390,360 made.

I can't really give you a value, I just don't keep up with so many different types of pocket watches. The best way I have found to get an idea of what a watch is going for I search the completed listing on Ebay for a similar watch.

One thing that will make a difference in the price is what the case is made of, I am not sure if you mentioned that such as gold filled, 14k or sterling silver etc.

One thing you will have to keep in mind is you can't place a value on having a watch someone in your family purchased new.

Tom