• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Movement ID. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
ConfusedHello all ihc members, I'v just recently obtained my first American pocket watch Illinois size 16 ser no 4424701, 17 jewels, the movement is named CAPITOL, Illinois Watch CO. Springfield. I'm looking to restore my watch back to somthing to be used every day. I'm looking for any information I can get to aid my attempt at a restoration.I'v been looking on a few sites but the deeper I delv the more confusing it's becoming, I think the movement was made in 1923? but still not to sure.
This is my first post so I'm a bit nervers in asking for information, thanks, bye for now.

IHC Life Member
posted
Welcome to IHC 185!
It's a Model 7, Grade 305, pendant set, originally came with a double-sunk enamel dial, and adjusted for temperature. This grade was sold with several different names such as "Time King", "Penn Special", "Sachem" and others. Your watch was one of a run of 2000 in 1923, out of a total of 148,090 made.

posted
Hello Mr Murray, thank you for your welcome to the club, and thank you very much for your information, this will aid in finding spare parts as needed.
I'm always open to any more techincal information, this watch has got me hooked and very interested in the American watch makers of the past.