• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bunn Special Cases Question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was just on the research site of Wadsworth case #s conciding with movement #s. Most if not all are believed to be original cases-my question is If the movement #s are in close numerical order HOW DO THE CASE #s ON SOME VARY SO MUCH? on some they vary 150,000 to 300,000 units earlier and then go forward again correctly-Im confused (which is easy for ME ) thanks BOB

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Prior to that original March 16, 2006 posting date, Lindell and I spent about 6 months crunching numbers taken from a variety of sources, including scraps of paper, eBay auctions as well as previous publications, including some of the Roy Ehrhardt books. Nobody had previously figured out a way to post a clear and simple format using message board software, but once Lindell developed the format for our database many people started to duplicated it.

Over the years Steve Middlesworth, the late Edward L. Parsons, Jr. (who put in a tremendous amount of work on this), Lindell V. Riddle, Phil Sanchez, and Donald Trumble just to name a few have updated this topic on a regular basis. Even non-registered users who simply happen upon our Internet Horology Club Discussion Site will forward documented images and numbers to add; so if anyone has additional numbers please send it along to our ihc185@roadrunner.com address for consideration.

What you see in are reasonably "representative" examples of Bunn Special Cases.

Additionally, please do take into consideration that other watch companies used Wadsworth Cases so numbers may vary due to their ultimate destination.

Lindell has a couple of proverbial sayings...

"The 'last-in, first-out' practice on materials often occured down through the years in watch factories."

(Meaning that if a shipment of cases arrived at the factory, the recent arrival may have been put at the front of the bin while the older cases may remain in the back of the bin.)

"The things we so obsess over things today nobody back then paid any attention to."

When Lindell created the WADSWORTH-HAMILTON CASE NUMBERS, History, Pictures and Database he based those examples of boxed sets.

Hope this helps,

Debbie

Smile

posted
Thanks Debbie-it does makes some sort of sense 1st in last out but Im still a doubting Thomas when it comes to a couple hundred thousand numbers off -ill agree to believe in a few thousand but 2 or 300,000???