Internet Horology Club 185
Identification of Watch Repair Tools & Equipment

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7576090143/m/2721028612

March 06, 2006, 18:54
John D. Duvall
Identification of Watch Repair Tools & Equipment
It’s been awhile since the last presentation so I hope this makes up for it!

For this presentation, the “Tools” section of the 1938 C&E Marshall catalog was scanned. These were some of the tools that were available to the trade in 1938.

Depending upon your screen resolution, you may have to scroll horizontally and/or vertically. For those using PC’s, I recommend using the “Page Down”, “End” or down cursor keys to reach the bottom of each page. If your mouse has a scroll button, you can use it too. At the bottom of each page are navigation buttons. The “INDEX” page will help to narrow down which tools you would like to view without having to page through the entire presentation. Each page group is “clickable”.

So grab your favorite beverage, relax and enjoy the Identification of Watch Repair Tools & Equipment

John D. Duvall
IHC Member 192
March 06, 2006, 20:10
Phil Dellinger
John,

Thanks for another excellent presentation!

March 06, 2006, 20:30
Jim Hanie
John,
Thank you for the time and effort you put into this valuable service for us.It is most appreciated by everyone.
March 06, 2006, 20:48
Mike Miller
Thanks John for putting this together.... This is an excellent resource. Now if we could still order the items, we might even be able to fix a few more watches.

Great information for 185 members!
March 07, 2006, 09:43
Robert V. Jones
Thanks John What a great resource for someone like me who sells these tools but still learning what a lot of them are. Smile Now I can sound like I know what I am talking about. Big Grin

tymekeeper005
March 09, 2006, 19:00
Robert V. Shans
Thank you John, I'll take one of each at those prices.
Great tutorial. Good job!!!

Kind regards,

Bob
March 11, 2006, 22:30
Steve Morford
John,
Thank you for the great pictures of the watch repair tools. As a novice in watch repair, this will be a great reference for me in the future.

Steve

IHC Member 703
March 30, 2006, 19:55
John D. Duvall
Thanks for the kind comments everyone. My next project will be scanning the Army TM 9-1575 manual. It's a great resource for watch information and repair. I'm undecided on the format; PDF or HTML.
August 03, 2009, 20:53
Kenneth Morford
Nice seeing this tutorial again. Thanks John for the great tutorials!!