Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Here is mine, Let's see yours "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephan Gaal
posted
Do any of you fine gentleman persue this hobby as well as collecting watches?

Posts: 431 | Location: South Victoria, Australia | Registered: January 18, 2007
posted
In the course of my pursuit of watch stuff, I have been bumping into the Berkeley live steam club for 20 years. I've bought the tools and dealt the castings and train stuff. Berkeley has long had a club for live steamers. The "little train" is still alive and well and offering rides in Berkeley's Tilden Park.-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
That is too cool Cool I never seen anything like it. I have seen the little ones like I had when I was a kid but never even knew they made this size. You have anymore pics. I would enjoy seeing more. Smile

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
Picture of Stephan Gaal
posted
Happy to share. These small locomotives are for people who love the big ones but can't get one into the back yard. They operate exactly the same right down to the burnt fingers and setting fire to the grass on a hot day with sparks. But at the end of the day you get to take it home with you.
The blue trucks are normally filled with kids but on this occasion we were just having a play by ourselves.

IHC Life Member
posted
Cool it is a ride I thought it was just a bigger version of the Lionel model I used to have.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
Picture of Stephan Gaal
posted
We can do the big train set thing as well but you need a bit of help from a few friends. Next time you are playing on Ebay do a search on "Live Steam" Lots of good things turn up but get some advice before you buy anything.

IHC Life Member
posted
Cool I will do a search to see what comes up but I still have kids at home which means no extra money for toys. Frown

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Stephan:

I'm a member of two clubs, the Alberta Model Engineers Society, and CNR 6060 group that run this engine out of Statler Alberta. We had the oint picnic in Airdrie, at AMES site. Here is a picture of my mascot, Eugene sitting in front of Dave's engine Jupiter.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
here is a picture of Derek's Heisler

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
this is a picture of me, and the gang from CNR 6060 club. These pictures were taken on Labor Day 2004, although. I'm just a spectator now, I still enjoy getting out to these functions.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Here is a picture of Derek, ready to depart with an other trainload of visitors both clubs have websites at Ironhorse Park and 6060.org you will see a lot of changes from when these pitchers were taken

Picture of Stephan Gaal
posted
Hello Larry,
Thanks for the pictures. I notice that everyone in them has a smile on their face. Here are a couple more from me that you might enjoy.
First is a model of an American loco just to prove how international the hobby is in Australia. We like them all.

Picture of Stephan Gaal
posted
In this picture the little green engine is one of mine. It is a Fowler Most of this type worked in the islands on sugar cane plantations. They were not much good but the model works great. The string of cars is borrowed for the day. Compared to the engine in the background mine is a bit like a sea going tadpole.

Picture of Stephan Gaal
posted
Final picture for now is a model of H 220 known by locals as Heavy Harry. This was the biggest steam locomotive ever to run in Victoria. 4 were planned but only 1 was ever built. I believe the model took around 10 years to complete and is a credit to the builder.