WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

UP Excursion -- July 20, 2014 -- Denver to Cheyenne "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Paul Adams
posted
What a way to spend an Afternoon! This Excursion will be powered by E-9 Diesel/Electric "Streamliner" engines and will pull a Passenger Consist. There is to be a "Photo Runby" but that location has NOT been announced as it will be at the discretion of the UP Crew.

It is going to be a Fun Day because All Excursions are! Looking forward to the ride myself and will be taking pictures when and where I can. Shall Post a few when I get back home. Meanwhile, I am anxiously waiting. Too Fun!

Posts: 181 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2008
Picture of Paul Adams
posted
Well, the Weekend came and it went. . . ! A GREAT time was had by Me and quite a few others! When riding a "Train," the worst possible Ride is always Wonderful! Here's a View from the Dome Car, (somewhere in Northern Colorado)l

Posts: 181 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2008
Picture of Paul Adams
posted
We stopped in Greely, Colorado, and blocked several intersections. Got a chance to have this picture taken of me. (I can see my Diet isn't working)!

There were three Power Units, (Engines), pulling the train. We had an E-9A on the head end, second unit was an E-9B, both of which had 2,000 horsepower, and the third Unit was a "double Engine" called a "Centennial Unit" which is actually two engines in one, each with 3,000 horsepower, giving us a combined horsepower of 10,000. Just enough power to pull a 19 car Passenger Consist.

Picture of Paul Adams
posted
Had a "Table Seat" which was located in a "Club Car" which is named, "City of Denver" so I have included a picture of the inside of that car.

Picture of Paul Adams
posted
As you can see, the Shades were down because we were sitting waiting departure. It was HOT in Denver, (around 97 degrees), and they left the shades down to help the air conditioning cool better. When we departed, the blinds were all raised.

The Train was a combination of 19 cars. I understand that Next Year it will be Steam Powered.