Internet Horology Club 185
Bet Skip is Nuts, Also Bet no one else has anything like this

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6366042471/m/3933953867

December 01, 2011, 17:53
Skip Glascock
Bet Skip is Nuts, Also Bet no one else has anything like this
MARBLE BUILDING CORNERSTONE FROM A BUILDING IN ONEONTA, NY.

BROTHERHOOD OF RAILROAD TRAINMEN CARVED MARBLE PLAQUE.

15X15X1.5 INCHES 32LBS

EXCELLENT CONDITION FOR A 19TH CENTURY PIECE IMAGE STILL CLEAR AND INTACT

December 01, 2011, 18:12
Larry Buchan
Hello Skip:

I have been watching that cornerstone on eBay for several months you sure got a bargain there.

Larry
December 02, 2011, 09:13
Mark Cross
Congratulations! You've really been catching some really nice items.

In the case of THIS item, one has to wonder what happened to the building this corner stone was once attached to? Another piece of history in a pile of dust somewhere?

I'm glad someone who recognized it for what it was got hold of it. Things like this need to be saved, and by the people who KNOW what they represent.....lost history.

HIGH regards! Mark
December 02, 2011, 09:49
Skip Glascock
Thanks for the kind words Mark, when I hit the buy button yesterday all I could see was my wifes hands around my throat...I sure hope she isn't home when it arrives.

Do you think she will believe that I found it in the park?

Skip
December 02, 2011, 11:05
Mark Cross
Uh, yeah....sure.... Wink
December 05, 2011, 09:03
Eugene Buffard
Tell her you think you going to start collecting firetrucks we can put them in the front yard. And the ladders on the side sure make a great place to hang flowers. Make sure you wink at her when saying this so your not sleeping on the couch for a few days. This is the joke I tell my wife every time I see a fire truck in the front yard of someones house. What is really funny when you drive buy someones house and they have 2-3 in there driveway. She will love you more for not starting a fire truck collection.
December 05, 2011, 09:09
Eugene Buffard
By the way. I don't think your crazy. Maybe eccentric. But at lease your at the right place. There are a lot of us here. And you can say to your self I'm not as bad as ________. Fill in any name that you would like. And I agree, Thank you for saving this piece of history.
December 05, 2011, 18:45
Krister Olsson
People always ask what I should do with so many watches or why I have two vintage cars since I can't drive more than one at a time, and so on. They just don't get it, do they? First of all, one is no collection and why should everything be of practical use? You could just sit and admire the craftsmanship and skill that went into them when they where made.

Regards, Krister
December 08, 2011, 13:29
Skip Glascock
:-) Eugene, I'm happy to be amoung people that understand me.

Skip
December 16, 2011, 15:34
Skip Glascock
Hey Mark, just discovered from the seller that the buiding was taken down in the early 60's.

I was only 5 or 6 at the time.

Skip
January 18, 2012, 19:58
Larry Curtis
A great piece of history Skip! Sure wish I had seen it. I belonged to BRT until we merged into the UTU (United Transportation Union).