• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

waterbury tall clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a waterbury clock with the ladder chain. It needs a new chain and have tried several sizes from Timesavers and they do not fit, both the 42 and 43 tooth ones. Does anyone have another source???? Thanks for any help, Bill Buss

Bill Buss

Posts: 10 | Location: Ocala, Florida USA | Registered: April 01, 2005
posted
Bill,

LaRose Keep Book #283 lists ladder chain supposedly for Waterbury on page 158. 8.7mm wide, 18ga. wire and 41 links per foot. Will this work?
Sort of pricey at $2.30 per foot.

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
posted
Bill,

This is really late, but another source for ladder chain might be Player Piano Company
(http://www.playerpianocompany.com) page 24 of their catalog. It it used a lot to supply drive from the air motor to the piano roll.

Good luck!

Posts: 179 | Location: Charlotte, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2004
posted
I sent the chains back that I received from on supplier and order what was described as the same link count and size wire as the others and they worked fine......guess different mfgs made the difference......thanks for the replys.....Bill Buss

Bill Buss

Posts: 10 | Location: Ocala, Florida USA | Registered: April 01, 2005