Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Mainsprings Japan Movment "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Pete Cronos
posted
I have a Japan made clock from 1970 that I need a set of mainsprings for. It is suppose to run 31 days on a winding. The mainsprings measure .745 wide, .16 thickness and 133" long. They are Loop end. Theses are the original springs I purchased this clock myself in Okinawa in 1970. I have tried the major suppliers without finding a suitable replacement. Does anyone know where I can find replacements or suggest a suitable replacement?
THANKS
Pete Cronos

Posts: 121 | Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas USA | Registered: April 23, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Pete,
I can't find any that match your dimensions. Are you sure on the thickness? That is much thicker than any of the listed springs.

I will check with a friend who has a clock shop. He may know which spring to use. I'll get back to you.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Pete Cronos
posted
Thanks I do believe I stated the thickness wrong. It should be .016.
Thanks for your help

Pete Cronos
CRONOS CLOCK SHOP
Jonesboro Arkansas

Posts: 121 | Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas USA | Registered: April 23, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Pete,
I talked to my friend about your clock and the spring you need. He gave me one to pass on to you. It is the one he has successfully used in clocks like yours.

E-mail me with your address and I will get it to you.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Springs are on their way!

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.