Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Big and Baby Ben "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good book or video specializing in the repair of the Big and Baby Ben alarm clocks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
posted
Good question, I would like to know that too. I have about 10 of them and have taken one apart, it did not appear to be a mechanism constructed to be repaired. But if they can be repaired I would like to do it.

Rick

Posts: 93 | Location: Frisco, Texas in the USA | Registered: August 29, 2006
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
We used to have a fellow in Ch. 6 that specalized in alarm clock repair. He did a wonderful job. I got a set of black and white dial big and baby bens from him. They ran well. He passed away some years ago. Too bad he did not make some document to guide others in the repair of these clocks.

Maybe someone will come up with a good source.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
The only book I know of is: "Westclox, An Identification and Price Guide" by Gary Biolchini, which is very good for identification..but only has two pages regarding repair. There is also a web site: http://clockhistory.com/, which I've used also.

greg

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003