Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Tom Chaudoir and British Museum Wax "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
Hi Tom, In a message dated sometime and somewhere... you mentioned: having a formula for a "British Museum Wax"...seems to me that you said something like melting the dirt away and waxing at the sametime. I'm sure I don't have that right, but something along those lines anyway. I've come today upon "British Museum Wax" by Renaissance (company). Is this the same as you were speaking of?

If this message is too criptic, please excuse me. Most of the time I can't remember what I was doing in the bathroom!! Eek

Greg

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
Honorary Life Member
Internet Consultant
posted
Hi Greg,

I know just exactly what you mean. It's called "British Museum Formula" and it's pretty spiffy. A fellow demonstrated it at the Midwest regional a few years back. He grabbed a couple of empty clock cases that were in bad shape from the mart room. They had crazed finishes, paint splatters and bald spots. Pour some of the formula onto fine steel wool. Wipe everything down. Rub the paint hard until it comes off. The original finish is dissolved and redistributed. Most of the dirt and junk stays in the steel wool. The demonstration was pretty jaw dropping.

Sad to say, I can't lay hands on the formula just now. Chin up. I'll get it. My old hard drives are hooked up and a program is trolling for "British museum". That should catch it. If not I'll make some calls, find out who that fellow was, and contact him. The formula will rise again. Stay tuned.

Best,
Tom

Posts: 41 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
Wow, that was a fast response. Thanks Greg

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003