Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Before and After 23J Canadian Pacific Waltham... "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bernhard Schmidt
posted
I recived a really nice booklet about Canadian Rail form mr Dellinger. Refered to that book, The last 16 size CPR was made about 1920. That would mean that no CPR would have been equipped with the type of dial I got on mine. In this booklet there is none that´s got the type of dial that Jerry refering to. I don´t say that that is wrong, not at all, I´m just refering to the booklet that says that no CPR, 16 s anyway could have been equipped with the dial I got if they didn´t appear until 1930.

Bernhard "the swede"
www.stockholmwatchtrader.com

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Hi Bernhard. A little more snooping turns up a 1918 Canadian catalog ad for a Waltham 18-size CPR movement or Crescent St. movement with the same style dial you have. Apparently my 1924 material catalog did not show all styles that were available. The ad cited was reproduced by Ed and Kent in their Railroaders Corner in the August 1999 Bulletin (p.496). So, if your movement sat in a Canadian dealers stock for a few extra years one could make a case for the dial being appropriate.