Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Hamilton Factory Cases, My Collection "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Weldon Hopkins
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model #1 Crossbar

I thought i would finally share some of my collection on the Hamilton Factory cases starting with the crossbar which I personally like to call the Model#1. The first six models Hamilton used were made of yellow or rose, white and the very uncommon Green Gold Filled. After the model #6 they only made the yellow and white for the Model#7, 8, 9 and I thought I would start with the Model # 1 crossbar.

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Model #2 with the Chevrons

Model #2 in the rose, white, green. I don't believe I have ever seen a Model #2 with Chevrons that was Yellow Gold Filled. I do own a few yellow ones but they are the later dated ones according to the case serial numbers.

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model #3

Here we have the Model #3 in the yellow,white,and the green all of the models #1 thru #6 are 992 21J

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model #4

Here is the Model #4 in the yellow, white, and the green.

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model #5

Here is the Model #5 in the yellow,white and the green and the green one has its original pouch from keystone and the original hamilton box.

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model #6

Here is the Model#6 in the yellow, white, and the green, this model in the green is the hardest to find they didn't make many.

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory case Model #7

They only made the model 7 in the yellow and white
Both are 992 21J.

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model #8

The Model #8 came in yellow and white the yellow one is the wide pattern movement and the white one is the uncommon narrow pattern movement 992E

IHC Life Member
posted
Very Rare Hamilton Model #9 Case

The Model #9 only came in yellow and white and they are very,very hard to find. The yellow one is a 992 21J and the white one is a 974 Special 17J and there is proof from the Hamilton records that some of the Model #9 cases housed the 974 Special.

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model # 10

The Model #10 was made only in the yellow Gold Filled. And the 950,992E,992B would be housed in the case.
My Model #10 in the picture is a 950 23J Case serial no. 0952974 and the movement serial no. is 2611355.

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case: Mainliner 950E 23J

The Hamilton Railroad Model "950 Mainliner Elinvar" took the place of the Hamilton 950. The Mainliner case was only made in the yellow gold filled.

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model A

The Early Model A had shoulders and the later Model A was without shoulders.They only made the Model A in yellow gold color. The one on your left is a 992B and the right one is a 950B.

Hamilton Model A

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model #11

Here we have The Model #11 without shoulders and with shoulders. [Like with the Case A the early Case 11 examples will have shoulders, later ones will not.] They only made the Model #11 in yellow gold filled. Both watches in the picture are 992B which is correct for the case.

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model # 12 Chrome

The one on your left is the Model #12 that Hamilton advertised, its marked DEFIANCE and the serial no. which is correct according to a boxed example that was found.The Model#12 case had a short life. Now look at the yellow Gold filled one it looks just like the chrome one but there is no documentation proof what this case is. It's marked Hamilton Watch Company Star Case 10K Gold Filled. Both of these watches are 992B.

Hamilton Model #12

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case No.3 Tu-Tone

This Hamilton Factory Case No.3 was made in 1946 and had a very short life span. The bezel and back cover is Stainless steel and the frame is yellow gold filled, it has a 992B.

Hamilton Model No.3

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Model #14

The Model #14 case was made of Nickel-Chrome, the back cover will say Hamilton Watch Co. Lancaster,Pa and Nickel-Chrome. It will house a 992B movement. The life span of this case was also short lived.

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model #15

The Model #15 case was made of Stainless Steel. The correct movement would be a 992B.

Hamilton Model # 15

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model #16

The model #16 was made in the yellow Gold Rolled plate. And it housed a 992B movement.

Hamilton Model #16

IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Factory Case Model #17

The Hamilton Factory Case Model #17 was made in [Keystone and Star] Yellow Gold Filled and [Star] Solid Yellow Gold. This one in the picture is Yellow Gold Filled and it is housing a 992B serial no. 4C147538 that was assembled after Hamilton closed.

This is all the documented Hamilton Factory Cases, I hope you enjoy looking at them.
Weldon

Hamilton Model #17

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Weldon great looking cases looks like you have about all of them.. Smile

IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Samie, yes I have all that we have documentaion for. And one that we don't know really what it is.
Weldon

Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Weldon,
Thanks for sharing your "Outstanding" collection.

How many years did it take you to make this happen?

Thanks again,
Robert