• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Watch Co. advertising items "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
One of my very favorites, finally got a few decent pics ...

Leather pencil/pen set about 7.5 inches long in the shape of a golf bag and club, image on side of a family golf outing, and strap of bag marked "The Webb C. Ball Watch Co."

Fred

posted

L.E. Clarke "Ball Watches, The Railroad Standard" business card

Fred

posted

A small (6 by 3 inch) pamphlet by the Ball Watch Co. from 1909 commemorating the 100th anniversary of president Lincoln's birth.

Fred

posted

Leather passholder containing original insurance card, timing card, and letter from Ball Watch Co. president regarding a Mr. Geo. F. Hine's purchase of 23 jewel Illinois-Ball watch serial number B800781.

I have his papers and passholder, but where is Geo's watch now???

Fred

posted

Postcard showing "Headquarters of the Webb C. Ball Watch Company ...", light colored building shows large sign above the top level marked "Ball's Standard Railroad Watches" and also the word "Ball" in brickwork.

Fred

posted

Leather outer, green felt interior 24 watch carry case marked "Ball Watches, The Railroad Standard" on the outside and inside. Two removable interior trays hold the watches ... top tray has two rows designed to each hold six 16 size watches, bottom tray is arranged the same way and holds two rows of six 18 size watches.

Fred

posted
I will come back and improve the above photos when time permits, and plan to add a few other Ball items to this thread, but anyone else have any Ball related items to show?

The more the better! Big Grin

Fred

posted
Fred,.......

I don't know if I can stand any more !! Big Grin Big Grin

I have a few things... but it will be next week at the earliest......

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Fred:

Here is a Watch inspection card holder given out by Webb C. Ball to commemorate the dedication of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers building in Cleveland, May 14, 1910.

Larry

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Inside of Watch inspection cardholder, with picture of Engineers Building, and statement about modern SAFETY APPLIANCES on railroads including air brakes, signaling, and most important the Ball Railroad pocket watch.

posted
As you can see, I have a reason to especially like this one ...

Close-up on "Safety Appliances" card

Fred

posted
Fred,
great items. Thanks for sharing them with us. Big Grin

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Ball advertisement May 1893 issue of Locomotive Engineers Journal introducing new model B of LE Standard pocket watch

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Ball advertisement August 1893 issue of Locomotive Engineers Journal

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Ball advertisement from September 1893 issue of Locomotive Engineers Journal with list of engineers carrying B of LE Standard pocket watches, and the railroads they are employed with.