• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rather uncommon electric novelty clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
The other day I picked this up as "trading stock" I thought it was tasteless enough to be of interest. The jewel in the center of the dial turns at 1 RPM. Now that the clock is running and the fish are swimming, I have grown to like it. The backlight behind the fish can be turned off or on with a switch on the rear of the clock. The first time I posted this, I put the wrong picture first.

posted
A view of the weeds and fish.

Picture of Jack Davis
posted
Hi Dick,

You're right...this is just off the wall enough to take on it's own charm and appeal. Thanks for showing it.

Jack

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
United and Haddon and others made a variety of these "scenes". Flickering fire places, swinging girls (girls on a swing),teeter totters, etc. Many of the cases were plastic or "Bakelite".

This is indeed one of the higher quality and more pleasing of the batch.

Thanks for posting!

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC Executive V.P.

Picture of Stu Goldstein
posted
Is that – wait a minute – it can’t be, but – it sure looks like – Renee?

Stu

posted
Interesting clock, quite unusual, would be a nice one for the collection.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Wow! They combined a clock with an aquarium!

In fact there's a pet you never have to feed or clean up after. I love it. Back in the 1950s people bought various things like this for atop the television set.

What a cool item.

Wink