• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

14K BOX CASE ELGIN "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Elgin 16S, 17 Jewel, Adjusted, Hunter 14K Gold Box Case, Pendant Set, Model 6.

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Life Member (L12)

Front Cover

posted
Back Cover

Back cover

posted
Dial

Dial

posted
Movement

Movement

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Phil,

I'm lost for adjectives on this one. Simply beautiful. Do you have any history on it? Someone of importance surely owned this work of art. Thanks for sharing.

John D. Duvall
Vice President, Education

IHC Life Member
posted
WOW!!! That is an amazing case! I have one just like it, but the case is more middle class 14k. Yours is Rockefeller all the way. Smile

Larry

IHC Member 25
IHC Life Member (L6)

posted
John,
Sorry, but I don't have any history on this nice watch.
I got it from a pawn shop dealer a couple of years ago. I asked him the same question, and he had no history about it either.
I am having great fun learning to take pictures of my favorite watches. The tips that I receive from you folks has helped me immensely.

Larry
I am using the OTT-LITE that you have recommended. I sure hope you get royalties from that company for all the advertising that you have done for them.
Thanks for all of your picture taking tips!

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Life Member (L12)

IHC Life Member
posted
Phil, your pictures are outstanding. Can I ask what camera you are using? Dang, they're nice!

Larry

IHC Member 25
IHC Life Member (L6)

posted
Larry,
I use a SONY MAVICA CD400,and am just learning what all of the features are all about. Also using the OTT-LITE you recommended with a clear storage container lined with Vellum Paper to diffuse the light. I take several shots of each picture subject to get just the right one. Lots of practice, but you already knew that!

The good thing about my camera is that I can use re-writeable discs and reformat them. I'll bet I have taken about 500 pictures with the disc I am currently using. When the quality goes away, I will replace the disc.

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Life Member (L12)

[This message was edited by Phil D on August 12, 2003 at 23:57.]

IHC Life Member
posted
Truth be told, I take 20 shots to get 1 good one. Good thing memory cards are getting cheap. Roll Eyes

Larry

IHC Member 25
IHC Life Member (L6)

posted
Nice watch Phil.That must be fairly old, and a really nice case also.
I thought i was a Hamilton guy but i don,t know just might be a Elgin man now.
Great watch and very good photography.
Razz

IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Phil,

What an incredibly beautiful watch! Smile Eek It's got all the bells and whistles!!! Eek Eek Wish I had it. Frown P. S. Your pictures are great! Smile

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

posted
Hi Phil. It looks to me like you have the photos down pat, they are very impressive, a person can see every detail.