Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

getting smaller "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
My watches seem to be getting smaller and smaller. I just found this little gem at the Greater Los Angeles Regional in Pasadena, Calif. It has a 9-ligne high-grade 17-jewel Waltham (unmarked) movement. The movement has gold jewel settings, a solid gold train and all-over finish equal to the Maximus. The 9-ligne movement is not listed in the Waltham material catalog except in the screw and mainspring charts. It is thinner than the standard 10-ligne movement and was used in the 'teens and early 20s for some very nice custom-cased watches. This one is cased as a thin pendant watch in a 14K case by the Dubois Watch Case Co. with a patented fold-in eylet on the bottom of the case so that it could also be worn as a wristwatch. The entire watch is about as thick as two nickels.

(The dial "was" marked for "E.Kebler & Sons". You can barely see the markings. The dial was dirty and I tried to clean it with denatured alcohol.)