• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamiton 990 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This is one of my favorite watches. The 990 predates the 992. This one is unmarked and is in a 20 year case, a Windsor by B.W.C.CO. If your nor familliar with the 990, it is a 16 size 21 jewel movement. It is supposed to have gold settings and a gold train. However, I'm not sure about the train.

990_Dial.jpg

posted
Bezel off.

990_Bezel_Off.jpg

posted
Movement

990_Movement.jpg

posted
Back

990_back.jpg

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Very nice Jerry i like the early Hamilton,s and this looks like a nice one... Smile

posted
Hi Jerry,

I too really like the 990 and the 970 which shares the same damascening pattern. The 990 was equipped with a double roller prior to the 992 so it was in fact an upgrade to the 992. I agree with you on the train gears they have a different color than most wheels, but don't have the appearance of a gold train to me. I notice in your photo that your ratchet wheel has been replaced. The 990 ratchet wheel has a more elaborate design on it. I think I might have an extra if you want it I will send it on to you. Let me know.

Rob
IHC#139

posted
Jerry:
Very nice watch. All 990's I have seen had a double-sunk dial. Yours may not be original. Thanks for the photos.
Daniel Rom