Reply to Post

Notice anything unusual........ "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
about this KW Howard? Smile

posted
Is it unusual in that it winds counter clock-wise?

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Life Member (L12)

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Phil, no that's not it, all KW Howards wind counterclockwise,except a very, very few versions.
Harold

posted
How about the nickle plates with the unusal demaskeening........

John

posted
Ok Harold,
One last guess for me! Is it the Mershon's Patent center wheel rack regulator?

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Life Member (L12)

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
John, you are right, the rayed damaskeened nickle plated version is one of only about 140 made in the SER.III model. This movement sold for $125 back in 1869, which at that time was a huge sum of money! Smile
Harold

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Darn, you guys are good, Phil, you are absolutely right, the Mershons regulator was used only on a very, very few nickle SER.III movements, the number known to exist can be counted on one hand! Do we have closet Howard collectors out there?
Harold

posted
Harold,

No closet collector here. I only have 2 of those old Howards, and you need 3 to be a collection. I refuse to buy the 3rd one because then I would have to keep "upgrading" the collection Wink

John

posted
Harold,
$125 in 1869 would be $1623.35 in 2002 dollars...

Jim

posted
Hi Harold,
Great picture of a rare Howard, the nickel series III with Mershon’s Patent is one of my favorites. I was wondering if you had any pictures of Howard Experimental watches that you could post.
Louis

Louis Christina