Internet Horology Club 185
Seth Thomas #17 Canadian Pacific station clock

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5656047761/m/168101832

February 05, 2010, 12:43
Larry Buchan
Seth Thomas #17 Canadian Pacific station clock
Hello Tom:

I thought I would start a new thread to post the picture of my Seth Thomas #17, to keep it separate from the Canadian Private Label pocket watches thread.

This clock came out of Fort William, Ontario, an important shipping point for grain from the Western Prairie provinces another major shipping point located nearby was Port Arthur, Ontario they later merged to become Thunder Bay, Ontario the clock is equipped with a silkscreen 24 hour dial that the CPR placed on all its systems clocks circa 1969. It has a very old comparison card with CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY marked in block letters, I found this card when they were cleaning out the CPR station at Bassano, Alberta and I rescued it from the garbage can.

Larry

February 06, 2010, 00:06
Tom Brunton
lovely clock ,not quite as sweet as mine with the GTR gold leaf door though ,but I just love the comparison chart, how much more realistic does it get,I guess I messed up a bit posting my clock and items on the other site of yours pages 19 and 20,regards,Tom
February 06, 2010, 09:06
Tom Brunton
hi Larry ;In answer to your question no,E.J.Schmids jewelers regulator was a floor model Walnut French pinwheel,perhaps a Waterbury! Attached is a picture of my Seth Thomas #17 Grand Trunk Railway System Regulator I believe to be from the London station,as the father of the friend from whom I got it was a London CNR employee who obtained a bunch of clocks when they went electric. He was also a highly decorated RCAF Canadian Halifax bomber pilot in WW2 , F/L James Frederick Weaver, DFC, Croix de Guerre, and one of the great men I have met in my lifetime. I read great accounts of the night he won his DFC, fighting off a Junkers 88 Night Fighter all the way to Stuttgart on a bombing mission ,, and then all the way out, his plane shot to bits,like half of it no longer there. The pictures of his plane in the morning were amazing,huge holes in the tail,ailerons wings and body,you had to wonder what kept it in the air. No doubt in my mind,it was Jimmy Weaver and his gunners!!! have a great day. Tom

February 06, 2010, 09:12
Tom Brunton
GTR Regulator #2

February 06, 2010, 09:15
Tom Brunton
Wallaceburg Glass Co. presentation paperweight named to J.T. Rose,GTR Agent

February 06, 2010, 09:16
Tom Brunton
GTR #2

February 06, 2010, 09:17
Tom Brunton
DEATH NOTICE GTR Agent Rose