WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

[I]mystery unknown maker watchmakers lathe tailstock [I] "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
I picked this spring assisted lever feed tailstock up recently,and it is just a beautiful piece of engineering and quality design and construction. I would like to know what make and model lathe it is off and obtain a picture, as for sure they didn't make just one of !!! thanks,Tom

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
pic #2

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Can't help you with the brand, but agree that it is nice looking, I would like to find one like that!

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
pic #3

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Probably isn't but you might search under the name Homer A. Barkus. I have seen some drawings for some watchmakers lathe tools & tail-stocks he sold in the 40's & 50's. The drawings have some similar characteristics.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Thanks tom, I looked and found one patent drawing-not it!- and copy describing a spring assisted tailstock but no pictures so I'm still looking,happy New Years,Tom

IHC Life Member
posted
My Wolf Jahn lathe has a "D" shaped bed. It might be for that or check Lorch too.

Roger

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
thank you Roger,I've been looking at both those makes,no luck yet though,regards,Tom

IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003