• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can someone tell me what this tool is "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Was in a box of tools and such. Looks like a lathe attachment of some sort.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
2nd

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
and last

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Ray, it looks like a balance wheel chuck for the lathe.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Thank you Brian, Got a lathe and parts in a large box and this came with it but separate from the lathe so I wasn't really sure.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Ray, I agree with Brian on the lathe chucks. They apparently came in pairs, large and small. The two you see below are Levin and they were still in the box when I bought them along with a grouping of tools.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thank you Lindell, I guess I better get to looking for the missing chuck Smile

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Ray, I don't think you're missing a chuck. I believe the threaded part of your tool screws into the drawbar of your lathe. If it doesn't, you said the tool and lathe came separately,they may not be the same size.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Thanks brian, it fits the lathe so I've reunited it with all the other accessories that came with it