WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

The watchmakers' lathe: its use and abuse. Free pdf from Google books "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
The watchmakers' lathe: its use and abuse. A study of the lathe in its ... By Ward L. Goodrich

This is another book I found online that may be helpful to other members. You can download it freely as a pdf, its copyright expired and it is now public domain so Google scanned it. To save a copy click on the icon that looks like an arrow with PDF next to it in the upper right.

Click Here

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
posted
Hi Jim,

I have tried to download this book but unfortunately I can't find the pdf and arrow sign.

Could you help me ?

Thank

Posts: 12 | Location: Busto Arsizio-Varese-Italy | Registered: August 30, 2011
posted
Sure no problem, sorry I didnt see your post till now. I took a screenshot and circled it so you know what to look for.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
posted
Dear Jim,

I don't know what happen with Google web page but here we don't see this screenshot...so unfortunately we can't download any book !

Could you help me perhaps in another way ?

Thank

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Dear Giuseppe,

When you click on Jim's link it goes to the google page.

There is a yellow line near the top of the page. Follow that yellow line all the way to the right. Right above the end of the yellow line you will see the arrow and the letters "PDF".

When I clicked the link, it went to another screen that asked for a type of password. Once I entered that password, I was able to access the pdf file where I found over 250 pages of information.

Hope this is of further help,

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Dear Debbie,

as you can see from the attached document on the Goggle web page we can't see any PDF download indication.
It is probably due to the different Google rules.
I'm afraid but I think the only way to have it is to send me a copy through an e-mail message.

Thank again.

Word DocGoogle.doc (219 Kb, 388 downloads)

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
I have the same google page as Giuseppe. No place to download the PDF file. Maybe a Mac vs Windows difference?

John III

Posts: 1755 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: October 17, 2005
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Some countries are not allowed to view the pdf's due to copyright laws according to google.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Ya, sure, ya betcha. I can't get it either.
Patrick 1616

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
I don't know if this will work, however you might try this link.

Lathe

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Jim,
I found that book last week but couldn't download it then. Today, after entering the password the file downloaded successfully.
Thank you for the link,
RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
posted
I went chasing this down and thought at first that Google had eliminated the PDF download feature. At least I couldn't find it easily. I did find some software that allowed me to download the book and assemble the pages into a PDF file on my own computer, which I did.

I put this at: this link on my website, for anyone who wants it.
It is big (283 pages, 65 megabytes).

The link to the google book itself is: right here

AND, now after checking these links, I see at the upper right of the google link, a thing that looks like a gear. Clicking the arrow next to the gear produces a menu which includes "download PDF" and has you type in some text to prove you are a human. Well slap me silly, how about that!

Posts: 61 | Location: Tucson, Arizona in the USA | Registered: January 07, 2013
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Tom, How very perspicacious. Thank you, I foresee many downloads coming.

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006