• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can someone tell me what this is? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can someone tell me what this is used for. It's brass, measures 1 1/2 in long and marked Illinois on one of the legs and watches on another.

Thank you,

Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
It's a tool for letting down the mainspring. Slip it on your finger and release the click while easing the mainspring with the crown.

Totally worthless, you should send it to me Big Grin

Bob

Posts: 218 | Location: Oak Harbor, Washington in the USA | Registered: May 21, 2009
posted
Thanks Bob for the info..I would send it to you but then what would I use to let down my mainsprings? Big Grin

Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
Picture of Brian C.
posted
That's the first time I've seen that tool, very neat. I have a thimble, that someone brazed a common pin on the end, works great.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002