Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seitz Jewel Press "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...currently I'm working through the process of jewelling in watches and am not having a 'happy time' w/my jewel press...the spindle on my press doesn/t have a tension spring at the tip to hold the pushers in the press nor any indication in the spindle's groove that there ever was provision for one...now while some of the pushers do stay in the spindle over the work, many do not and I'm wondering if I'm missing something on the press to hold the pushers in place short of shimming them in...thanks!...Jim C

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
posted
Hi Jim,

Am also working through the process of jeweling and have gone directly to my Seitz press on reading your question. All my pushers fit perfectly and are held in place by friction alone. Can only conclude your problem to be associated with possible age and wear - perhaps a little heavy oil or a dab of grease would provide a solution - the pushers appear to be held in place by suction alone.

How are you coming along with jeweling otherwise? I am running into many problems not covered by any literature that I can find.

Regards ...

Henry

Posts: 11 | Location: Durham County, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: October 20, 2004
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...believe you are right Henry...some of the lesser used pushers, reamers etc fit snugly in the spindle...as for use, I'm afraid I haven't progressed too far w/it...but someday Roll Eyes...thanks for the input...

Jim
IHC#234

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Jim,
I'd think someone would have to do lots and lots of jeweling to wear out the pushers in that way. Is it possible that some of your pushers and reamers might be from a different press? It could be that some of the Seitz parts were swapped with Favorite, or another companies parts.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003