Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Tran Duy Ly's Seth Thomas Clocks and Movements "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 703
posted
I am wanting to buy Tran Duy Ly's Seth Thomas Clocks and Movements 3rd edition. I do not want to buy volumns 1 and 2. My question is which one has the most info on wall clocks? Confused
Thanks,
Steve

IHC Member 703

Posts: 41 | Location: Garden City, Missouri USA | Registered: February 21, 2006
posted
Hi Steve.
You may want to concider both volumes. Volume 1 has the hanging clock descriptions, however all the movements descriptions are in volume 2. I met and chatted with Tran Duy Ly at the 06 national, a wonderful and very helpful man. If you collect or research American clocks, you should obtain as many of his books as you can. Hope this doesn't make your decision more difficult. George.

Posts: 30 | Location: Maple Heights, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Member 703
posted
Thank you George. I am going to purchase vol 1 now and pick up vol 2 later. I am more interested in the clock descriptions for now.
Thanks for sharing your library. Eek I can see many hours of enjoyment spent with these. Smile
Steve

IHC Member 703

Posts: 41 | Location: Garden City, Missouri USA | Registered: February 21, 2006