Internet Horology Club 185
How do you

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5146029761/m/548103457

November 17, 2004, 13:00
Wayne C. Anderson
How do you
display your pocket watches? This one was handcrafted by my nephew, its solid oak hand finished inside and out with aircraft fabric inside. Approx 18" x 30" and it holds 24 eighteens size pocket watches. Great for displaying watches in your den/library.

November 17, 2004, 14:34
Stephanie O'Neil
Very nice Wayne! Does your nephew sell them? Does he have a web site?

Stephanie O'Neil

November 17, 2004, 14:43
Wayne C. Anderson
Stephanie,
This was a Uncle project. He is a Senior Woodworking Expert employed by a custom interior aircraft company. I am trying to convince him to do a limited offer to persons who might want a custom display case made, but with three children, a farm, and a city job his free time is limited. He started this one about 1 year ago, and just finished it. Mitered corners finished inside and out, very nice construction.
November 17, 2004, 19:19
Jim Rogers
Stephanie,
For what it's worth I was surfing ebay today looking for another cherry wood watch box to add to the others I have.

There was a display watch box designed just for pocket watches. I didn't pay to much attention because I really don't own any pocket watches,

you might want to look if nothing more than to identify a source
December 02, 2004, 08:47
Wayne C. Anderson
Stephanie,
In the for sale forum, Desmond Lundy has some excellent storage cases offered. I use them to carry pocket watches, and for storage in a safety deposit box.
But I use the oak one for watches that I want to display at home.
December 02, 2004, 11:57
Mark Cross
I just ordered one. I'm glad to have found it too, as I was looking in the Bulletin, and they usually start in the $60 range. Regards. Mark