posted
Great Looking Watch Boxes........
WOOD BOXES

Mike Nardick
NAWCC # 144409
IHC 185 Charter Member 26
Allegheny Chapter 37
mikena32@comcast.net

Posts: 267 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Gerstner is the Cadillac of tool boxes. I have several since I am it the tool & die business. They are for sale all the time on Ebay and usually bring a good buck. There are also copies out there made in China which are in the hundred dollar range. Smile

William Mittelstadt

Posts: 94 | Location: Sheboygan, Wisconsin USA | Registered: August 24, 2003
Picture of Jim Hathaway
posted
Willliam,

You are right about the Gerstner Tool boxes; they are the Cadillac; however very expensive. I did pickup one of the Chinese variety sold by Costco @ $65.00; 6 lined drawers and maple; a nice looking box which serve my purposes. Maybe a "used" Gerstner will come my way some day.

Jim Hathaway

Posts: 473 | Location: Apache Junction, Arizona USA | Registered: September 17, 2003
posted
Jim you are right. I bought one just like the first box pictured on the gerstner web site you see when you click on Mike's url in the previous post. I bought that box new in oak made in China off from Ebay for 100 bucks--- a good deal. If you search Ebay under industrial or search gerstner you will find numerous boxes up for auction and a deal can be found if you are persistant.

William Mittelstadt

Posts: 94 | Location: Sheboygan, Wisconsin USA | Registered: August 24, 2003
Picture of Jim Hathaway
posted
Bill,

There are still some boxes floating around on ebay, and older ones at that.

Jim

Posts: 473 | Location: Apache Junction, Arizona USA | Registered: September 17, 2003