Page 1 2 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Watchmaker tools - what are they worth "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
My dad is a retired watchmaker and jeweler and I have all his tools for sale or aution. I am wondering what a reasonable value would be for the tools, whether to sell or auction them off, and whether or not to sell them as a group or all at once. I am in the process of photographing the tools and should be able to provide these in a day or two. Any help you folks could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 38 | Location: Rochester, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: February 18, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Hello Charles

I am sure members will be glad to offer whatever help we can, the photos would help out a lot.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Hi Charles, Tools are selling very well right now. Our members are usually eager to buy tools. It would be wonderful to see them auctioned right here at IHC 185. Smile

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
posted
The site is not going to let me upload the images I have taken of dads tools. There must be another location at this site where photos could be uploaded. I have emailed the club to see what could be done but I have not been able to upload a single picture in this posting. Sorry. I will eventually get the photos on the site till then please be patient with me.

Posts: 38 | Location: Rochester, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: February 18, 2009
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Charles,
The photo's cannot be any larger than 640x480.
You may have to load them in a site like Photobucket and then upload to this site.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Charles, if you are using a digital camera, you can reduce the size of the pictures you are taking and maybe that will be a sufficient size reduction to allow you to post the photos....

It worked for me when I started posting photos....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
I finally think I have picture uploading figured out and I will try and get everything photographed and posted by Monday. Dad keeps coming up with more tools so I still have some to photograph. Sorry for the delay.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
Here is more information on posting images:

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...56029761/m/380108351

I'm sure many of us are looking forward to seeing the tools!

Don

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
posted
Thanks for every ones help in getting my pictures posted. I think I have it figured out and have reduced the bytes of my photos to the point where I should be able to post quite a few, but not all in one posting. I will post as many as I can in one posting and then the rest in succeeding posting - yes I have quite a bit of tools. I have put numbered tags in each picture and I will attempt to post then in order.

posted
American Watchmakers lathe

posted
Boley 8 mm. Lathe collets

posted
K&D - Hansen Friction Jeweling outfit NO. 140 With original Instructions sheet

posted
Jaxa Universal Case Opener

posted
Watch hand remover

posted
Assorted Watch case openers

posted
Watch case closer

posted
Assorted watch holders

posted
Wooden and Aluminum Pocket watch holders

posted
Case block for holding watch cases firmly

posted
Main Spring gauges for pocket watches

posted
Balance wheel calipers

posted
Poising tool

posted
K&D Mainspring winder (No. 126) for small watches

posted
K&D Mainspring winder (No. 128) for large watches

posted
K&D staking tool

posted
Screwdrivers of mixed origin
A real mixed bag - some need help

posted
Watch-Craft Screwdrivers

posted
Large screwdrivers
(mixed Bag) but in pretty good shape

posted
Bergeon Screwdrivers
(No. 4840)
Incomplete set (only 4)
Two need set screws
Have extra blades

posted
Pocket Watch Stem Wrenches

posted
Lathe chisels - that’s what dad used them for

posted
Mainspring winders for very small watches

posted
Parts trays (4)
All have covers