Internet Horology Club 185
What should a staking set consist of

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5146029761/m/3643975577

November 06, 2012, 10:18
Gary E. Foster
What should a staking set consist of
I see some members are seeking replacement parts for their sets and decided to ask just what should a be in a working staking set. I know my set is incomplete, so far has been adequate for my limited abilities.

Gary
November 10, 2012, 10:43
Jim Bielefeldt
Thats a question with a lot of answers as manufacturers made different sets with different numbers of stakes and stumps. The anvil itself also has different attachments like a jeweling lever.
As long as its working for you I would recommend only adding those things that you find you need but do not have. I have 2 sets, one is setup for jeweling with a lever and additional stumps, the other I like for balance staff work and tightening canon pinions . But I dont use all the stakes on either set.
November 11, 2012, 08:26
Dr. Debbie Irvine

Gary,

Doing a "Find-Or-Search" using the words "Staking Set" brings up a plethora of insightful comments, images, etc. that I found fascinating.

In a recent post Richard Romero is offering to eMail the K&D Manual "staking set advise" so obtaining a copy of that PDF may be of additional help.

Debbie

Smile

November 11, 2012, 11:01
Evan Patton
Debbie,
I tried uploading the two K&D manual PDFs I have from Richard and Chris, but they're too big. If I mailed them to you, could you post them as stickies or another sort of reference?

Evan
November 12, 2012, 07:17
Dr. Debbie Irvine

Send them along and we will see what we can do.

August 21, 2013, 12:14
Patrick Wallin
Jim, You are not the only one who keeps two sets on hand. I have a full size Marshall with handle I use as a jeweling set and then I have a Marshall set called the Little Giant (Actually i/2 a set originally sold as their smallest set) which I use for staffs.
Now that I have two I remember the day I could only wish I had a staking set. It was a far off foggy dream.