Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I need Movement Containers in smaller sizes "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I was just in the link for movement containers... [changed "holders" to "containers" for clarification]

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=3206049661&f=3006013713&m=1626046694

...and plan to get them, but I also need other sizes. Can someone give me a site for sizes other than 18 and 16?
Or do they even make them?
Thank you,

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Hi Sheila,

To my knowledge the McGinnis Brothers developed something unique here. I use the 16-size for smaller movements as well. They work just fine.

You can find the old, metal ones in smaller sizes, but I like the clean, clear plastic McGinnis Brothers product best.

Be sure to say "Hi" to Don for me.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Thank you Lindell, I will get more now, knowing their safe for the small ones too. I was going to get a bunch of them but wasn't sure if I should use them for the small ones.
I like these, they look nice and "healthy"
I will pass on the Hello with my order.
Thanks again,

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC President
Life Member
posted

I should also point out these remarkable containers are perfect to hold various small items in a clean, safe enviornment. They have a variety of uses!

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Sheila,
They are called Watch Movement Shipping Cases, clear plastic, sold in packages of one dozen. Smile They also are great to store dials, screws, small parts in. Here's a K. & D. movement holder photo:

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted

You make an excellent point Wayne! Another instance where the same name may have more tham one meaning. The image you show is a device that holds the movement during service, therefore it truly is a movement holder.

The McGinnis Brothers product and others related to them, perhaps are most correctly called "movement containers" as that might be the most descriptive and non-confusing term for them. They replicate the shipping tins of the old days in a modern form but have a gazillion other uses as well.

Thanks for helping clarify this,

Lindell

Wink

posted
Lindell,
I believe that this was a factory shipping container. From the American Waltham Watch Co., and came in 12, 14, 16, and 18size.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
And the movement container would have been placed in another container for shipping: