Internet Horology Club 185
16s John C. Dueber

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/469104152/m/9043961987

January 26, 2017, 21:53
Theodore J. Brown Sr.
16s John C. Dueber
I recently got a model 4 16s 21J John C. Dueber lever-set RR watch.I've wanted one forever and finally was able to get one at an affordable price.It looks and runs great.These are a really scarce watch.I noticed one thing that may be wrong on this one, it has a flush non-gold jewel setting for the center wheel ,all the rest are raised gold.I was wondering if anyone else has one of these and if their center jewel setting is gold, or like mine.I'm thinking that that jewel may have got broken sometime, and was replaced with a regular one.I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, I'm just happy to finally get a J.C.D.!

[Auction image inserted]

January 27, 2017, 04:08
Bila Wirriganwalters
I have one of these Ted, it does not have raised gold settings, the settings are gold but level with the plates. I have seen another 3 of these all with gold jewel settings, but all jewels level with the plates also. Can you post a picture when you get a chance?

[Auction image inserted]
[Movement number: 2466258]

January 28, 2017, 21:34
Theodore J. Brown Sr.
Hi Bila and thanks.

This one has all gilt screws and has that huge gold setting on the balance, I don't know if they all do,this is the only one I've seen in person.I took a nice picture of it with my phone, but I don't know how to send them to here,this computer stuff is way over my head!! Thank you, Ted.

[Auction image inserted]

January 31, 2017, 19:31
Theodore J. Brown Sr.
Many thanks to Debbie for helping me out with the pictures.This watch looks much better than it does in the auction pictures.It was apparently recased ,it has another set of screw marks.It is a nice B&B 20 yr. case though.I should get it into a nice Dueber case.
January 31, 2017, 19:40
Theodore J. Brown Sr.
To Bila- Is your John C. Dueber a 17- jewel by any chance? That may explain the difference in jewel settings.They were made in 17 & 21 jewels.
January 31, 2017, 21:13
Bila Wirriganwalters
21 jewel Ted, I tried to access that Ebay listing but it come up as no listing, I see you have posted a photo. thank you.
February 01, 2017, 09:45
Dr. Debbie Irvine

Ted,

You are welcome!

Smile