• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Is this a cool sign or what? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Found this while going through some of my dad's stuff recently.

Posts: 39 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2008
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
I like those. I collect them. I have two metal ones, and one paper one. Very nice pieces of ephemera.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
Just curious-what does something like this go for? I don't care to sell it, but just wondered if he may have paid much for it.

Posts: 39 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2008
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
I paid $75 for one of them and $150 (or more, I can't remember). The paper one was a gift. I've seen the metal ones go for as low as $50 and as high as $200.

posted
Thanks for the info.

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
Hey Hey Hey! Are you selling yours??

posted
No, I'm going to keep it.

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
Smart man, IMHO. The one you have has raised letters which are considered more desirable. I have no idea it they are more rare. The paper sign that I have is very uncommon, I've only seen one other similar. Lindell has a glass advertising mirror that is spectacular. Maybe he'll post a picture of it. The metal signs are "fairly" common. I've seen maybe 2-3 each year pop up on Ebay. I've also noticed three different variations. Of course hardcore SB collectors hold onto them like they're made out of platinum. Wink

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

The metal signs are cool items.

Interestingly, I have seen several of these with those same Pennsylvania dealers names. That leads me to believe they were used for local advertising purposes.

This is a view of my office where you see the framed glass reverse-painted sign Frank mentioned which is hanging to the upper right of where I am sitting in my green leather chair.
Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted

Here is a closer view, this is difficult to photograph due to glare and reflections in the room. The sign measures about two feet high by three feet wide. Hope you enjoy the images. Smile

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
Where do you think that sign came from originally Lin?

IHC President
Life Member
posted

Good question Frank!

Another one of those things we will never know for sure. Some feel it is from the factory, perhaps a reception area. It could also have been used at trade shows and for display in better jewelry stores. Like other fragile things that have survived all these years we are fortunate to have it with us. As you can see, not only is it on display in a place of honor, it is also where it will not likely be bumped or knocked around.

If there is another one out there topics like this could bring it out in the open.

Thanks for the opportunity to share it with everyone.

Lindell

Wink

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Nice sign Lin. Nice office too. Wink

Isn't this were you keep some of those beauties we get a glimpse of sometimes? Big Grin

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
posted
Ok, so I've given it a little thought and realized I won't ever do anything more with it than hide it in a closet. Anyone want to make me an offer on it?

IHC President
Life Member
posted

Duane,

I would be one of those interested, maybe we'll have a reason for you to take a ride over here yet!

Lindell

Wink

posted
Are there any shows within driving distance? I've got some watches to sell also.

IHC President
Life Member
posted

I buy watches Smile and I pay in cash.

But let's see if someone else wants the sign too!

Wink

Picture of Brian C.
posted
I was just wondering, does anyone think some of the metal signs might be repros? I've seen some at flea markets that just seem to be in to good of a condition, to be real.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Duane,
I suggest that you consider putting the sign up for sale on our site in the form of an auction. What say you///// Smile

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted