Internet Horology Club 185
Columbus Parts Needed

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/364101939/m/7001030013

May 04, 2008, 01:31
Ernie Loga
Columbus Parts Needed
I have a Columbus 6s Watch that needs parts. Can anyone recommend a source? I believe it needs at least a balance wheel, bow, and lens. I will try to post a photo.

May 04, 2008, 01:33
Ernie Loga
Here is the face of the Columbus 4s.

May 04, 2008, 18:02
Lindell V. Riddle

Hi Ernie,

At first I did a double-take at your watch and the "4-size" reference. I sat and stared at your movement not recalling having seen one before. Then I got into my tray of ladies South-Bend and related Columbus and there it was! Turns out I have a 7-Jewel, 6-size very similar to yours, so 6-size Wink it is.

Except for the bow and crystal, the other parts you need are most likely going to come from another watch. We are in a "survival-of-the-fittest" mode, the attrition continues. For more exposure, we can link this topic into "Wanted to Buy" forum and "Watch Repair Questions and Answers" area.

Hopefully someone will have a parts movement with the needed items.

Lindell

Here's a similar but complete Columbus 7-Jewel, 6-size...

May 04, 2008, 20:58
Ernie Loga
Thanks, Lindell. At first I thought it was a 6s but when I put the gauge form Shugart and Engle on it the dial and chassis was smaller than the gauge for 6s so I assumed it was a 4s when I looked for the reference under Columbus watches. According to their reference Columbus made two 4s watches. But, I am just a novice so I don't yet know what I am doing.
May 13, 2008, 04:57
Frank Kusumoto
Do you fix the watches yourself?
May 13, 2008, 14:32
Ernie Loga
I only do minor repairs now but i am still learning. I use an old local watch repairman for the serious repairs. But I am willing to send this watch to someone if they can help.
May 20, 2008, 08:00
Ernie Loga
I have sent this watch to a reputable watch repair person in our club. Hopefully, it can be repaired and get new life once again.