• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

992B Question? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi everyone! New Guy here. Love This web-site! Very informative. I love RAILROAD P/Watches but know very little about them but am learning thanks to all the great info here. A recent purchase of a fine looking 992B is a big disappointment. It winds and sets but after three or four minutes the hour and minute hands stop moving but the watch is running and the second hand is moving. What could be wrong and how expensive would it be to repair? Should I just return it?

Posts: 53 | Location: Conyers, Georgia in the USA | Registered: May 07, 2013
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi David,

It may be a relatively simple, cheap and quick fix but will need to be disassembled to know more.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Thanks for quick reply Chris!

IHC Life Member
posted
I believe Chris is alluding to a loose canon pinion, which is a quick and easy fix.

If you don't know positively when the watch was last serviced, it should be done if you plan on carrying the watch.

Roger

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
posted
Thanks Roger! I Thank you for your quick reply!

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
David, as Roger has stated if you intend on a regular winding of your watch it will absolutely need to be sent for service to keep from having to do much more extensive service in the future. Luckily we have multiple choices right here on 185 of great service technicians and trained watchmakers.

Service

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006