Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What is this tool ? Answer: Bolt Tool "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
I just inherited a elderly Gentleman's shop contents and have box's of parts to go through. This is one of the first items I came across that I don't have a clue what it is or is for. There is a lot more that I will be posting including a 21 jewel B W R and several other watches for sale

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Member 1650
posted
Somebody's going to say it. Might as well be me. What tool???

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 17, 2011
posted
HELLO PATRICK, THE TOOL APPEARS TO BE A STUDDING TABLE. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
I think it's for polishing screw heads.

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Member 456
posted
Yes, it's called a bolt tool, and is used for polishing screw heads as mentioned, and other items that can be held in the tool. The item is clamped using the two slotted screws and the adjustable feet level the item to be polished.

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Thanks gentleman, I have two the other being a little smaller.
Thank all for your help.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011