Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Moebius Oil ! (Here we go again) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
This is from Moebius. A chart of what oil to use where. I wonder who is willing to put out around $100.00 to get it all. Just about everybody I know uses Moebius 8000 to Clean, Oil & Adjust a watch. I have a bottle of 941/2 & a bottle of MS grease. I will get the rest of it as I can afford it.

Off the subject, did you know that you can go to POCKET WATCH DATABASE

To look up Ball, Elgin, Hamilton, Illinois, Rockford, Seth Thomas, South Bend, Waltham and more!

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Moebus markings to grease the wheel shafts is sort of scary. Any of that gets into the teeth of the wheels and you start ALL OVER AGAIN!

I would consult with Chris Abell before using this wristwatch info on a large Pocket Watch.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
That appears to be a diagram from the ETA datasheet (ETA term: "Technical Communication") for the 6497 pocket watch movement. An interesting document, to see what ETA recommends to the professionals.

Posts: 222 | Location: Alabama in the USA | Registered: June 12, 2011