• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pocket watch dial washers "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello IHC 185 members. It is so great having you guys and all your knowledge available for guys like me! I just ask a question and I get a quick response. I have learned so much about pocket watches since I joined a little over a year ago. Thanks to everyone of the members I now can explore the wonderful world of Horology with more confidence and understanding! My question is about pocket watch dial washers. Do you always use a dial washer between the dial and movement and are the washers one size fits all? Also which way do the washers go? Any help is greatly appreciated! Some movements that I have purchased came with a washer and some did not.

Posts: 53 | Location: Conyers, Georgia in the USA | Registered: May 07, 2013
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi David,

You should use a dial washer as it helps prevent the hour wheel riding up on the the canon pinion. As for size, you will need to use the correct one. Also with regard to you query about which way, the middle part of the washer should go down on the hour wheel with the edges facing-up towards the back of the dial.

Cheers,
Bila

Posts: 2264 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Thank you so much for the info on dial washers, Bila.

Posts: 53 | Location: Conyers, Georgia in the USA | Registered: May 07, 2013