• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 992 Disassembly question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
After two successfull Elgin cleanings and repair I'm working on my Hamilton 992. I'm having trouble with the screw for the Ratchet Wheel. I can't seem to get it loose. Is it a standard thread or reverse thread (as the main wheel screw was on the Elgin 7j).

Any suggestions on how to remove this screw. I'm afraid to turn it too much until I know it's a lefty-loosy screw. Thanks!

David

Posts: 58 | Location: Dripping Springs, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 29, 2004
posted
David, it is a standard right hand thread screw. Just be sure your screwdriver head fits well and be careful.

Aaron

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks Aaron. It's off now. I just wanted to make sure before I torqued on the screw.

-David

Posts: 58 | Location: Dripping Springs, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 29, 2004